The planned works for 2021are as follows:
- The children’s fenced play area - to replace the two toddler swing seats and repair the damaged wet pour (rubberised bitumen) areas. This work is now complete
- To refurbish the skateboard park - lay new bituminous surfacing and refurbish the steel ramp structures - planned for October.
- To replace the zip wire (cableway) structure - the existing one was near the end of its working life and was dismantled in June. This will be replaced with a new structure - planned for mid August.
- A grant of £30,000 has been awarded by HS2 to set up an outdoor gym on the playing field for use by those people over 14 years of age and upwards. This money is from HS2’s Community and Environmental Fund which is available to local communities and businesses that are demonstrably disrupted by the construction of Britain’s new high speed railway between London and the West Midlands.
- Work was planned to make safe the southern section of ditch that runs from the new houses built on the Old Lodge site and the path running from the Playing Field to the Spring Lane Path.
For more details visit our Playing Field website page