Notifications and Activities
Radford Semele Parish Council will be holding the next Parish Council Meeting on Monday 24th February 2020 in the Community Hall, 68 Lewis Road, Radford Semele. The meeting will commence at 7:30 pm – Members of the public are welcome to attend. Click here for the agenda.
Promoting Warwickshire Library Service Home Delivery Service
Warwick Rural East Community Forum
The next Warwick Rural East community forum will take place on Tuesday 11 February 2020 at 6pm for 6.30pm start – Cubbington Village Hall, Cubbington, Leamington Spa, CV32 7JS .
Amongst the topics covered will be the Policing Priorities for our area. The WRE community forum policing priorities online vote has gone live, to cast your vote for Policing priorities in Radford Semele vote here
Notifications of Road Closures or Restricted Access
We have a busy few month with a variety of works being undertaken in Radford Semele that will result in road closures or restrictions on traffic. Check here for latest update on the Warwickshire County Council website.
- 20th to 24th February – Offchurch Lane, Radford Semele – Severn Trent – Hydrant Rebuild chamber Job in Verge (Grass ) – Traffic control (two-way signals)
- 22nd to 23rd February – A425 Southam Road East from the bottom of School Lane. BT To Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct, locate and excavate 2 subsequent blockage in existing duct. Traffic control (multi-way signals)
- 24th to 26th February – A425 Southam Road on Radford Hill – BT Pole replacement in verge – Traffic control (two-way signals)
- 3rd February to 8th March & to 4th April – Fosse Way will host diverted traffic from HS2 site from Welsh Road/Bascote Road. Traffic diversion.
- 8th March – Fosse Way between Welsh Road and Long Itchington Road – Road Closed – Carriageway Patching and Associated Works
0800 – 1600 Sunday only.
- 12th to 25th March – Kingshurst – Cadent undertaking work with traffic control (give and take).
- 14th April to 4th May – Severn Trent undertaking work with multi-way traffic light control affecting Spring Lane, Hatherell Road and Hamilton Road.
- 31st August 2020 to 12th February 2021 – A425 Southam Road – B4455 Fosse Way- Construction of additional traffic lanes on Fosse Way – roundabout approaches and exits.
There are multiple locations where work is being undertaken by Cadent repairing or installing gas pipework. These are not reported as interfering with traffic flows. However, the sites and locations can be seen here.
Grants and Local Funding
Warwickshire County Council and Warwick District Council welcome applications to the Community Forum Grant Fund. There is over £7,000 available to community groups and organisations in ‘Warwick Rural East Community Forum’ area. Funding closes on Monday 20 January 2020.
First time applicants from community and voluntary sector organisations are particularly welcome.
Funding will be agreed at Warwick Rural East Community Forum 7.30pm 11th February 2020.
For more information and to download an application form go to: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grants
Safety & Security
Follow this link to the Radford Semele Safety & Security page where there is a wealth of information and useful links on protecting your home, property, family and yourselves.
Parish Council Finances
The Parish Council’s finances are subject to annual audit after the end of the financial year which runs from 1st April to 31st March. This ensures residents can be confident the Parish Council is conforming to the financial regulations and procedures required of smaller local authorities.
Radford Semele Parish Council accounts have now been audited and the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/19 can be viewed from our Finance Page.