Notifications and Activities
Upcoming Parish Council Meeting
The next Parish Council Meeting will be held at 7:30 pm on Monday 27th January 2020 in Radford Semele Community Hall – Agenda
Notifications of Road Closures or Restricted Access
We have a busy few month with a variety of works being undertaken in Radford Semele that will result in road closures or restrictions on traffic. Check here for latest update on the Warwickshire County Council website.
- 25th January – B4455 Fosse Way approx 50 metres from the canal – Warwickshire County Council undertaking work to replace broken gully cover with traffic light control – two way signals.
- 26th January – Southam Road opposite Lewis Road. BT undertaking work with multi-way traffic light control.
- 27th to 28th January – Offchurch Lane opposite The Greswolds. BT undertaking work with traffic light control – two way signals.
- 27th to 28th January – Offchurch Lane from 173m South West of entrance to Mill House to 18m South West of opp Village Street, Offchurch Lane. BT undertaking work with traffic light control – two way signals.
- 30th January – 4th February – Offchurch Lane – Severn Trent undertaking work with traffic light control – two way signals.
- 3rd to 4th February – Lewis Road closed to vehicular traffic from its junction with St Nicholas Road to its junction with Valley Road for carriageway patching and repairs. Traffic light control – two way signals. More details
- 12th to 25th March – Kingshurst – Cadent undertaking work with traffic control (give and take).
- 14th April to 4th May – Severn Trent undertaking work with multi-way traffic light control affecting Spring Lane, Hatherell Road and Hamilton Road.
- 31st August 2020 to 12th February 2021 – A425 Southam Road – B4455 Fosse Way- Construction of additional traffic lanes on Fosse Way – roundabout approaches and exits.
There are also multiple locations where work is being undertaken by Cadent repairing or installing gas pipework. These are not reported as interfering with traffic flows. However, the sites and locations can be seen here.
Warwick Rural East Community Forum
The next Warwick Rural East community forum will take place on Tuesday 11 February 2020 at 6pm for 6.30pm start – Cubbington Village Hall, Cubbington, Leamington Spa, CV32 7JS .
Amongst the topics covered will be the Policing Priorities for our area. The WRE community forum policing priorities online vote will go live one week prior to the forum, a link will be posted here.
Grants and Local Funding
Warwickshire County Council and Warwick District Council welcome applications to the Community Forum Grant Fund. There is over £7,000 available to community groups and organisations in ‘Warwick Rural East Community Forum’ area. Funding closes on Monday 20 January 2020.
First time applicants from community and voluntary sector organisations are particularly welcome.
Funding will be agreed at Warwick Rural East Community Forum 7.30pm 11th February 2020.
For more information and to download an application form go to: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grants
Safety & Security
Thank you to all those who came along to the Community Meeting, it was a very good turn out for Radford Semele and helped to convey that we as a village are concerned about our safety and security.
Thank you to PCSO Ed King for his informative session. The pages below have been circulated to those who expressed that they wanted to be informed post the meeting, but we have also posted them here for the wider Radford Semele Community and those who could not make the meeting.
Follow this link to the Radford Semele Safety & Security page where there is a wealth of information and useful links on protecting your home, property, family and yourselves.
Parish Council Finances
The Parish Council’s finances are subject to annual audit after the end of the financial year which runs from 1st April to 31st March. This ensures residents can be confident the Parish Council is conforming to the financial regulations and procedures required of smaller local authorities.
Radford Semele Parish Council accounts have now been audited and the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/19 can be viewed from our Finance Page.